Dark Heart Nursery is looking for responsible, customer driven individuals to fill our Delivery Driver position. This is a commercial driving position delivery from our business to other businesses, not a retail delivery position. The perfect candidate will have a clean driving record and will be responsible for delivering clone orders safely, accurately, on-time, and in compliance with state and local regulations. This person should provide excellent customer service to our direct grower and dispensary partners through professional scheduling correspondence, on-time delivery, and friendly transaction interactions. Please be able to and be comfortable driving a 26ft box truck and larger.
*This position will require overnight trips* 1-2 times per week. Weekends Required. No accidents, tickets or DUIs. Looking for Class A and Class B Licensed Drivers!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Deliver finished product to customers on time with no errors.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication to our customers.
- Assists with order fulfillment in the sales room and ensure accuracy of all deliveries.
- Communicate clearly any and all issues with customers to management.
- Load and unload the delivery van in a safe and organized manner according to company policy.
- Review order paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- Drives safely to the customer site and unload product according to customer's instruction.
- Completes and files related paperwork.
- Oversee payments from customers for accuracy.
- Follows all compliance procedures in accordance with The Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act (MAUCRSA).
- Work in the nursery as needed
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily (with or without accommodations). The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma (required)
- Knowledge of various and local geographical areas
- Must have 3 years of verifiable driving experience
- Clean driving record, no accidents or traffic violations
- Understanding and use of company safety policy
- Detailed oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work as a team
- Good with numbers
- Accurate cash handling
- Comfort level with technology
- Ability to work independently
- Special Information (Travel required, on-call schedule, etc):
- Long deliveries (more than 8 hours)
- Overnight trips and weekends required
- Applicants must be at least 21 and able to pass a background check after a conditional offer is extended
- Valid Class-C California Driver’s License Required
- California Commercial Driver’s License Class A, B, or C looked upon favorably. Must have a clean driving record; no accidents, no tickets, no DUIs.
- Driving record check, back ground check, and credit check upon conditional offer of employment
- Driver's work on a 4/10 Alternative work week schedule (4 - 10 hour days)
- Overtime is required
- Overnights are required
- Weekends are required
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time, push and pull up to 50 pounds
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Women, People of Color and LGBTQ+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age (age 40 and over), citizenship, national origin, disability (as defined by the applicable law), or any other classification protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all aspects of employment opportunity including hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall, reduction in force, termination, retirement, placement, training and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. The Company complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals (both Employees and applicants for employment) who are disabled. All employment is at-will.