Under the general direction of the Director of Operations and in alignment with our core values, the HR Generalist has primary responsibility for the human resources operations of Dark Heart Industries. Typical functions may include, but are not limited to, recruitment, retention, compensation, training, benefits, and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the recruitment, evaluation, and placement of new employees, to include preparing job advertisements and announcements, scheduling and proctoring interviews and creating eligibility lists comprised of most qualified candidates.
- Broaden the recruiting pool by exploring under-utilized labor segments.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels throughout the organization, to include per-diem, part-time and full-time staff.
- Coordinates and conducts onboarding and orientation for new employees.
Training and Development
- Assists with planning and executing staff training programs.
- Ensures compliance with organization and mandated training.
- Works with vendors to schedule and provide on and off-site training.
- Administers tuition reimbursement program, which may include identifying suitable course work and programs which align with established company priorities.
- Assists with the administration of staff compensation and classification plans.
- Makes recommendations on competitive compensation packages.
- Administers company benefit program, including enrollments, changes and separations. Prepares notification and communication of open enrollment periods.
- Assists company personnel with benefit interpretation and elections.
- Processes benefit claims.
- Manages benefit vendors, evaluating the cost effectiveness of benefit programs and making recommendations for changes as necessary.
Policy Development and Administration
- Maintains current and updated job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains Employee Handbook, including updates, additions, deletions and changes.
- Communicates policies to staff.
- Maintains organizational charts and employee directories.
- Develops and maintains company policies.
- Select, implement, and maintain a comprehensive HRIS.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, including local, state and federal.
- Prepares routine HR reports as required by the organization, and other governmental agencies.
- Assist front line managers and supervisors with the performance evaluation process; provides training and assistance to staff to ensure fairness, completeness and timeliness.
- Monitor the success of HR priorities using quantitative and qualitative methods; e.g. surveys, KPI’s, etc
- Ability to develop job knowledge by participation in conferences, reading trade journals, developing professional networks, etc.
- Assist in financial planning by estimating forecasting, anticipating requirements, trends and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing impact variances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily (with or without accommodations). The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field
- 3+ years in Human Resources; experience with recruiting, benefits administration, employment law
- PHR certification preferred
- Spanish language fluency preferred
- Experience in a small, fast-growing business
- Experience with manufacturing, production, agriculture or similar industry preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Cultural sensitivity in diverse settings
- Proficient use of MS Office suite, G-Suite; experience with HRIS and maintaining electronic records
- Excellent attention to detail